- Hannah is currently working as a Social Marketing Account Manager at OTW Communications/Fuseideas in Winchester, MA., managing day-to-day client relationships for various industry-specific companies including tourism/hospitality, B2B, non-profit, real estate, government, healthcare, sports, and retail/consumer.
- Hannah is primarily responsible for the ongoing management, continuity, and execution of social marketing strategies and programs, as well as for the additional management of projects in the following areas: website design and development, branding, social media training and implementation, search engine optimization, video production, QR codes, email marketing, print collateral, and event planning.
- Hannah earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in both Media Arts & Design and Communication Studies from James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA. The majority of her knowledge, skills, and expertise lies in the fields of social marketing and public relations.
- Hannah has taken many beneficial courses while at JMU, such as: Communications Research; PR Writing and Visuals; Presentational Speaking; Video, Web, and Graphic Design; Principles of Advertising; Information and Communication Technologies; Event Planning; PR Management; Print Communication Design; PR Campaigns.
- In the summer of 2011, Hannah worked as an E-Content Production intern at EBSCO Publishing in Ipswich, MA, where she worked on the Publisher Data team in the Editorial Department. She used Microsoft Excel and Access to track and manage publisher delivered content from websites and FTP sites while retrieving, archiving, and normalizing publisher-supplied PDF and HTML files for use on EBSCOhost products.
- In the spring of 2010, Hannah studied abroad in London, England, where she studied British society, literature, politics, and culture.
- While overseas, Hannah also worked as a PR/marketing intern at Captive Minds Communications where she helped expand data and client research, assisted with the tracking of media coverage and press clippings, and served as a media assistant to special events and press conferences.
- Hannah’s first internship was at a children’s book publishing company, Barefoot Books, in Cambridge, MA, where she assisted with the creation and launch of their new e-commerce web site, as well as helped with other various public relations tasks such as press kits, mailings, and research on potential partnerships and advertising opportunities.
- Hannah built a solid foundation of office skills while she worked as a student assistant for two years to the Dean’s Office for JMU’s College of Integrated Science & Technology.
- Hannah furthers her interests in public relations as an active member of JMU’s Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) chapter. She also assisted with JMU’s first student-run PR firm, ImPRint, and the launch of its first project, a minor awareness campaign for Harrisonburg’s local Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant.
- Hannah gained leadership and event planning skills while she served as the social chairman for an on-campus organization, Kappa Alpha Theta. She planned semi-formal and formal event functions.
- Hannah pursues her passion for children by working as a camp counselor for five years at her local Boston Sports Club.
- Hannah was selected for the Dean’s List in 2009, 2010, and 2011. She graduated with honors, Cum Laude.
- Hannah is comfortable with using both Mac and Windows systems. She is knowledgeable of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) software programs. She also has experience using collaborative applications such as GoogleDocs to communicate with others on group projects both for class and for her internship at Barefoot Books.
- Hannah’s interests include social media, public relations, writing and blogging, traveling, graphic design, networking, event planning, fashion, and interactive marketing.
- Hannah is a dynamic, enthusiastic, and focused worker. She will devote her time and effort towards fulfilling her role as a diligent and strong communications professional for any company.
“I only have great words about Hannah’s time with us! She has been a great element to our PR and marketing teams and was personally and professionally involved in all the tasks she was assigned. Her writing skills are sharp and consistent and she has always demonstrated great interest in all her activities – whether for data research, phone calls, press releases draft, or on site, helping the team at running events smoothly. Hannah is curious and always asked the necessary questions or came up with ideas and suggestions when needed. She was very punctual and very keen to work extra hours and help us running and attending events, where she professionally represented CMC. She is very curious and proactive, always keen to learn more.”
– Geraldine Huitric, Marketing Manager, Captive Minds Communications
“Hannah leads by example and many people here find her enthusiasm and commitment both inspiring and motivating. Every summer, Hannah proves herself reliable and hardworking. She has consistently demonstrated an ability to rise to any challenge that she must face. I find her to be consistently pleasant, tackling all assignments with perseverance and a smile.”
– Angela Ferendo, Sports Clubs for Kids Programs Manager, Boston Sports Club
Page Layouts –
- Elephant (featured in JMU’s School of Communication, Information, & Media Spring 2011 Exhibit)
- IOA Tournament
Writing Samples –
Social Media Marketing Campaign –
Advertising Campaign –
Public Relations Case Study –
Event Planning –
- Planned 142nd Interstate Oratorical Association Speech Competition
- Planned class trip to visit NYC agencies: Ketchum, Mr. Youth, JWT
- Planned Kappa Alpha Theta events: Holiday Inn, Barren Ridge Vineyards, Spotswood Country Club
- Served as Media Assistant to Captive Minds press conference: Polo in the Park
- Served as Media Assistant to Captive Minds press conference: Walking with the Wounded
Web Design –
hgetz21 at gmail dot com
getzhc at dukes dot jmu dot edu
linkedin dot com slash in slash hannahgetz
twitter dot com slash hcgetz